- Polymer Clay Class
March 28, 2015
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Instructor: Lisa Arnold
$50, All materials provided
This is an adult class, but if you’re a parent, you may bring your tweens/teens too!
We will go over the basics of polymer clay, how to condition and make it pliable to create 2 functional trinket bowls. This workshop will give you a great introduction to polymer clay, and the ability to create with other mediums. Class may extend to 3 hours total to finish firing all bowls onsite.
Our class will include the following in demo and practice:
– texturing the clay, to give a fabric look
– cutting and forming our flat clay to become a round bowl.
– designing the finish look of the bowl- acrylic paints can be used to fill in pattern (true look of fabric. ) or mica powders before curing.
– proper curing of polymer clay- how to make it strong.
– finishing of polymer, sanding for a matte finish, or leave for a semi gloss finish.
What happens if I need to cancel?
Class fees are non-refundable. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel within the 48 hours before the class, you will forfeit your fee. If you alert us 48 hours or more before your scheduled class, we will be glad to give credit for a future class. This credit must be used within 60 days of the cancellation date to prevent loss of the registration fee.