- Write to Heal
January 22, 2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Write to Heal
March 4, 2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Instructor: Kim Green
Writing as a spiritual practice is an essential tool for managing emotional and physical struggles. Write to Heal is an intimate, confidential experience for writers of all levels who want to learn how writing can help them cope with life’s harshest challenges. Participants will be encouraged to share their writing or just to share their thoughts. This is not a workshop where writing is critiqued.
To propel people into a state of healing by articulating, facing and writing about their challenges; emotional and/or physical.
Participants will gain:
- Inspiration and discipline to start writing even if they don’t feel like it
- A deeper understanding of how writing heals
- Knowledge of the various styles of writing: memoir, vs novel, vs. creative non-fiction or poetry and examples given…
- The benefits of each style of writing
- Answers to technical questions regarding style, process, tone, characters, etc.…
- The value of having a creative outlet when coping with challenges
- An in-depth look at fear as it relates to life and writing
- Knowledge of how to start a writing regimen (perfect time, perfect place, etc…)
- New ways to enroll your family and community into the importance of your writing
- The knowledge to experiment with styles of writing and finding the one that suits you
• Introduction of Kim Green and how she came to do this workshop
(having written a novel after being diagnosed with Lupus)
• Participants will engage in writing exercises that use writing prompts
• After the discussion about styles, writers will have a chance to take a stab at a style they are interested in pursuing
• Questions answered and encouraged throughout
Notebook and pen
Our workshops are all beginner level and we welcome anyone wanting to have a creative experience! We also encourage a relaxed environment, so feel free to BYO snacks and/or libations of your choice 🙂
Kim Green has spent the first half of her career as a prolific writer in the entertainment industry. She has written everything from award-winning copy to a New York Times Bestselling memoir of R&B star, Fantasia Barrino. As a music journalist, Green’s writing has appeared in Essence, The Source, Mode Magazine, Paper, The Philadelphia Tribune and UK publications, i-D and The Wire. Countless celebrity interviews have included legends; Al Jarreau, Rickie Lee Jones, Patti Labelle, Queen Latifah, Tupac Shakur, David Byrne and Harry Connick Jr.
After years of working closely with creative people and knowing the challenges of shining bright in an unkind world, Kim was inspired to get life coaching credentials and to work with people who want to overcome what stops them in life and in their writing. She says, “Blank Page Consulting” was designed to propel women to overcome their obstacles by tapping into their deepest truths.” Using the wisdom gained from her personal and professional experiences, she created a unique word-centered coaching practice.
Kim says, “Coaching is much needed in a world where people are broken. What is distinct about the coaching discipline is that it is about propelling clients forward, as opposed to dwelling on their pasts. I seize the opportunity to support clients to find their own wisdom and brilliance. I am here to make whatever they dream of, happen.”
Kim’s ability to listen, empathize and infuse rigor into her client’s lives is what has become her trademark.
Class Cancellation Policy
Sometimes our classes won’t fill their minimum and we will need to cancel. Most likely it could be the day before, and we will contact you as soon as possible. A full refund will be applied if the studio has to cancel a class.
What happens if I need to cancel?
Class fees are non-refundable. There is a strict 7 day cancellation policy. If you cancel within 7 days, you will forfeit your fee. If you alert us 7 days or more before your scheduled class, we will be glad to give credit for a future class. This credit must be used within 60 days of the cancellation date to prevent loss of the registration fee.
Venue: Garage Door Studio